Much of my career and adult life is on the internet, easily
available via Google. I've been interviewed a number of
times, and also do quite a few conference talks, so I've
collected some for this page.
- I somehow wound up with a WikiPedia page.
- 2010 Free Software
- I won the award that year.
- Cisco Ad
- I've long had a Cisco 2000 router for my net connection,
which has survived almost 8 years of what passes for
electrical power at the Ranch. So when they asked me to do an
ad, I thought I'd return the favor. This was published
during April, 1999 in Japanese newspapers, so it's a touch
out of date.
- Interactive Week
- I got interviewed by Interactive Week for an article on
Open Source programmers. Three of us were featured in the
UDS Prague (Intrepid Ibex)
- An interview about Gnash done at a Ubuntu Developers
- In 2011, I was given an award for the Advancement of
Free Software by the Free Software Foundation, this is the
- Boulder Linux User's Group
- Every once in a while I do a talk at the local Boulder, CO
Linux Users group, which are nice an informal.
- Interview with Rob Savoye of Gnash
- An interview about my Gnash project.
- FLOSS Weekly 94: Gnash
- I got interviewed by Randal Schwartz and Leo Laporte for
their FLOSS weekly radio show.
- Volunteer Spotlight: Rob Savoye
- The Free Software Foundation interviewed me for their newsletter.
- A video of me on a hammock in my yard talking about the
OLPC back when it was a new project.
Reverse Engineering of Proprietary Protocols, Tools and Techniques
- A talk I gave at FOSDEM 2009 about reverse engineering the RTMP
network protocol used by Adobe.
as a Gnash
- I got interviewed by Linux Format magazine in the UK while
attending FOSDEM in Brussels.
- Rob Savoye on the
Cygnal rich media server
- An article about the rich media server I wrote as part of
the Gnash project.
- Tech: Rob Savoye (Gnash)
- Another FOSDEM interview, this one for an Irish College
- Libre Planet Talk
- Harper's Ferry
- I've been contributing old photos and stories from
climbing at Harper's Ferry in the 70s and early 80s.
- Here's some of the papers I've written over the years.