PowerGuru is a program for monitoring and controlling your Xantrex (Trace) and Outback Power Systems products.
The initial version of the manual, which covers the Xantrex and
Outback serial protocols is here or here as a PDF. This manual is just getting
started, but since people wanted the Xantrex serial protocol
documentation, I figure here it is...
- PowerGuru can poll all the meters on a Xantrex or Outback product,
including multiples devices, and writes the data to an SQL database.
- Remote Control
- PowerGuru enables one to remotely control the device as if you
were sitting there pushing buttons yourself.
- Setup and Configuration
- PowerGuru enables you to have a default set of configuration
options as a disk based file, and to set or dump this data into/from
the device. This is to make the setup of new installations simpler.
- Open Source
- PowerGuru is 100% free software. For more information on the GPL, go to the
Free Software Foundation web site.
- SQL Database Support
- PowerGuru uses an SQL database to store all the data from logging
the devices, so you can do advanced queries and graphs.
- SNMP Support
- PowerGuru has SNMP support, so it can be easily integrated into other
network administration tools like Mrtg or PHP
Under the concept that the more of us working on this the better, I
thought I'd stick a few snapshots here as I hit minor milestones. This
is a work in progress, and a new one at that. Much of this code has come
from Abelmon, but I have to change things to
make this a standalone project. I'm working on some PHP web pages to
plot the data now that I can datalog it.